Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Chicken Stuffing Casserole

This is a classic from my mom. I have to tell you, however, I planned to make this on Sunday and couldn't find the recipe. My mom was still at church and had left her phone at home. So I guessed!! And I guessed wrong. It was terribly dry and just didn't quite taste right! Never fear! I went out the next day and bought the ingredients again and we made part two of this casserole. This time it worked!! Here's the recipe that turned out...

1 1/2 to 2 lbs of chicken or 4 pieces of chicken
2 boxes stove top stuffing
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 cup of celery, cut into small pieces

Cook chicken however you prefer. Shred or cut-up into small pieces. Follow directions on box to cook stuffing. Pour two-thirds of the stuffing into casserole dish and press to the bottom. Mix chicken, soup, sour cream and celery together til all chicken is completely coated. Pour over stuffing mixture. Sprinkle the remaining stuffing evenly on top. Cook at 350 degrees for twenty-five to thirty minutes.


My husband actually likes this recipe. He isn't a big fan of celery, but the pieces were big enough that he could pick it out. Always a bonus for him. My daughter wouldn't touch it and when I tried to force her to eat one bite, she gagged and threw up! I know gross image, but frankly I get so tired of her pickiness. But this is definitely an easy recipe and super yummy!! Let me know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, someone brought it to us after I had Logan and it has been a favorite for chicken leftovers ever since. Must eat with cranberry sauce, or else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this for dinner the other night and it was delicious. I used can chicken because I'm lazy like that and it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete