Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Whole Wheat Pancakes/waffles

>

(This recipe is from my cousin, Lichelle, again! Yeah!! This is directly from her I just copied and pasted!! I will add my notes below!!)


1 cup whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/4¼ tsp salt

1 egg

1 cup of milk

1/4 cup applesauce and oil


Mix dry ingredients. Add egg, milk and applesauce/oil mixture. Beat and cook!


*Food storage idea* Use just under a 1/4 cup powdered milk and 1 cup water instead of milk.


*Time saver idea* Combine dry ingredients in several zip lock baggies, then when you make them, you just have to add wet stuff.


You could also double, triple, etc the recipe and freeze the extras. I like to have them for fast Sunday so I don't have to make breakfast when I am fasting!




I made these for my family on Saturday, and Doubled the recipe. I only had two pancakes left after they had their fair share. My dad doesn't really like pancakes and he gobbled them up. I also, did one batch with applesauce and one batch with oil, and I couldn't tell much of a difference, besides that the applesauce batch smelled better. This is definitely going in the recipe books.


I especially like this recipe because it gives you food storage and freezer idea options. That is something I am always looking for!!

1 comment:

  1. I get nervous sharing recipes, so I'm glad so far so good. This is definately a classic at my house. We have them multiple times a week. You can use it for waffles too, just make sure you use at least a little bit of oil, or it will stick like crazy :( You sure are fabulous! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete