Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cowboy Spaghetti

I have actually made this a lot in the last year, but for some reason I have never added it to my blog. So strange!! This is a fun twist to regular spaghetti and has a little bit of a kick to it. My kids actually eat this because they really like pasta! Yeah!!

Ingredients:

1 lb. spaghetti

3 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped

1 lb. ground beef

1 medium onion, chopped

3 cloves of garlic, chopped

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. black pepper

2 tsp. hot sauce (I use the green flavor for a little less spice.)

1 Tbs. worcestershire sauce

¾ cup beef broth

1 can diced tomatoes

1 can tomato sauce

8 oz. cheddar cheese

4 green onions, chopped

Cook spaghetti with salt to al dente. Brown ground beef. Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and worcestershire sauce. Add beef broth and deglaze the pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes and then stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Add hot spaghetti to meat and sauce and combine. Serve pasta with cheese, green onions, and bacon to garnish.

To freeze this recipe, make the sauce as directed and then pour into a freezer-proof container. When you are ready to use it, defrost the sauce, and then cook the spaghetti while the sauce heats up on the stove!! Mix sauce and pasta before serving!!


I doubled this recipe to make for my parents and my family. It lasted us two nights, then Josh taking a medium-size tupperware of it to work, and we still had leftovers for my single siblings to eat when they came over. Next time I will make sure I freeze it!! Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment