Thursday, June 3, 2010

Fruit Pizza


This is a super yummy, super easy dessert or brunch item. I got this from my friend, Kandice. (Miss her!) I tried it out at a cooking group get-together, and I have been wanting to try it forever. My sister-in-law had a birthday so I decided instead of a cake I would attempt this. Hence, why the picture has her name spelled out!! Try it out! The best part is you can pick which fruit you want on it or organize so the picky eaters get their choice. Good Luck!!

INGREDIENTS
1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Your favorite fruits- strawberries, peaches, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, mandarin orange- the possibilities are endless!!!
DIRECTIONS
1.

Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 12-inch pizza pan (I used a regular baking sheet and it didn't cook quite as evenly) or spray with cooking spray. In pan, break up cookie dough; press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.

2. Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
3.

In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Spread mixture over cooled crust. Arrange fruit over cream cheese.

4. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Cut into wedges or squares. Store in refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment