Friday, June 25, 2010

Taco-Seasoned Chex Mix


I know what you are saying, I need to keep up with my blog. Doing my best here!! haha! So here's a fun recipe for the week. I found it online when I was searching for the original chex mix recipe. So I decided to try it out. Let's just say I made the half-size and it was gone in a day! Pretty sure it was a success!!

1 1/2cups Rice Chex® cereal
1 1/2cups Corn Chex® cereal
1cup bite-size cheese crackers
1cup bite-size pretzel twists
1/2cup salted peanuts
4teaspoons vegetable oil
1tablespoon water
1/2package (1-oz size) Old El Paso® taco seasoning mix (2 tablespoons)

1.In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, crackers, pretzels and peanuts.
2.In small bowl, stir together oil, water and taco seasoning mix. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated.
3.Microwave uncovered on High about 5 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes, until mixture begins to brown. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.

Oven Directions:
Heat oven to 250°F. In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, mix cereals, crackers, pretzels and peanuts. In small bowl, stir together oil, water and taco seasoning mix. Pour over cereal mixture, stirring until evenly coated. Bake uncovered 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.


I did it the oven way because I like the crunchier taste to it. This was a huge hit and we actually doubled it the second time we made it. It was a perfect spicy snack. Try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment