Saturday, February 6, 2010

Breakfast Pizza

This is a recipe from my friend, Jessica. I have actually made this a lot and it is a top choice with my picky eaters. We usually do it for dinner, even though it's all breakfast foods.

2 dozen rhodes rolls ( I use the biscuits from pillsbury, you know the pop-out cans.)
1 package of hash browns
1 cup grated cheese
1 lb. sausage
1 lb. bacon
3 eggs
2 tbs. milk
salt and pepper

--Set your rolls out to rise for 3 hours, if you choose rhodes. Cook bacon and sausage, and drain.
Flatten rolls like a pizza. (I use a small cookie sheet with sides, so it's more in the shape of a rectangle. That way you don't lose the egg/milk mixture.) Layer on top of biscuits or rolls, hash browns, bacon, sausage and cheese.
Whisk together eggs and milk. Pour over pizza. Pre-heat oven to 350 and cook for 45 minutes with rhodes rolls and twenty to thirty with biscuits!

!!SO DELICIOUS I THINK I WILL GO MAKE THAT RIGHT NOW. THANKS FOR THE INSPIRATION!! --Jessica

Sorry, Jess, if I changed it a little! This is fun to change it up to what fits your family. If you want to be more healthy, use turkey bacon or reduced fat rolls. Or you can add veggies on top. I always served this with fruit on the side, because there is no vegetable that goes with breakfast pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment