Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Catalina Chicken


I am so excited for this post because this is from one of my favorite readers!! Well, it's from my cousin, Lichelle, so maybe I am a little biased, but I love to know that someone is reading my blog and giving me recipes to try.

6-8 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken
1 cup of catalina salad dressing
1 can of cranberry sauce or 2/3 cup Apricot Jam
1 packet of onion soup mix

Place chicken in a 9x13 casserole dish. Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Pour over the chicken. Bake for 45 minutes to an hour at 350 degrees until chicken is cooked through.


When I read my email yesterday, and saw her recipe, I went to the store and bought the ingredients I needed right then and there!! I know kind of silly, but I could not contain my excitement. I doubled the recipe to make enough for four adults and enough for leftovers! My favorite type of recipe! I also, couldn't find apricot jam at our grocery store, so I used cranberry sauce instead.

I know easy right?? When I saw this recipe, I was really worried that the husband wouldn't like this and honestly, I am not sure he was totally honest with me either. Since we live with my parents right now, I get very mixed reviews about the new recipes I try. This is how our evening played out...

John: Wow, this is good. This is delicious. Wow, I can't get enough!
LuAnn: Laura, you have outdone yourself! This is amazing!!
John: What is in this?? It is so good!!
Laura: Josh, what do you think?
Josh: It's okay!

So much for making me feel good!! I guess, I can please the regular people in the world. On a scale of picky-eaters 1-10, and the least picky being a 1!! My dad would be a 0, my mother would be a 4 or 5, and Josh would be a 9! This gives you an idea of how to compare the responses I received!


Coming up later this week: Whole Wheat pancakes that you can make in bulk and store in the freezer until you want it! Yeah! Thanks Lichelle!!

5 comments:

  1. I love making this so easy and people love it. I actually make mine in the crock pot. My mom insists it is better in the oven I like the ease of crock pot.
    Once I start cooking again, not using a mason jar I will send you s few new ones, what else is there to do here other then cook??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a favorite at the Young house too and I also make it in a crock pot. SO easy and smells so good when you walk in the door after church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed so hard at everyones responses. It made me miss your family and parents. We had such a blast visiting you guys. I'll have to try the cranberry, that sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a hit at our house. Even Morgan ate all the chicken and she never does that. She's a one or two bite type of girl, but not with this. THANK YOU!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did it on a date....it worked out great!

    ReplyDelete