Monday, April 12, 2010

Crash Hot Potatoes

I would love to take credit for these little babies , but I can't!!! I wish I was that creative. I got this recipe from the pioneer woman cooks blog, which I was introduced to by my friend, Diana, via our cooking group. And, yes, Di, I miss that cooking group terribly! It will never be the same I am afraid to say! Anyways back to the recipe...

I have had this recipe in my file waiting to be made and I finally found the perfect time to have them. Oh, and I had a plethora of red potatoes that were a day or two away from turning into pigs food! We were having a fancy date night in a few weeks ago and we made filet mignon and yummy corn, and this added the perfect touch!Ingredients:
Red Potatoes
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Chives, Rosemary, or whatever herb you prefer

Start by boiling a big pot of water. Add in as many potatoes as you prefer. Typically, two to three potatoes per person, depending on what kind of eaters you have. Cook until fork tender. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. (Makes it crispier and saves on clean-up time. Trust me!) Spray with cooking spray or drizzle with lots of olive oil. Place potatoes on baking sheet with space between each. Next, grab your potato masher and gently press down on the potato until it slightly mashes…Then rotate the masher 90 degrees and finish flattening it. Of course, you don’t want to absolutely smash it into the pan—you want it almost to resemble a cookie.

Then spread olive oil generously on each using a brush. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and your herb of choice, and do this generously as well. Then cook for 20-25 minutes in 450 degree oven! You want them nice and crispy! Serve them with all the fixings for a baked potato or eat plain.

These little guys were absolutely delicious!! Super simple and not a whole lot of ingredients! Yeah for that. I tried to fit too many potatoes on one sheet and I couldn't smash them down as far so try to avoid that for extra crispiness!! Also, Check out pioneer woman's blog and see picture by picture editorial. She has some great ideas and awesome recipes!!

1 comment:

  1. So good, but who doesn't love a potato. I miss that cooking group, too. They still have a group going, but it's not even close to the same. Anyway, these potatoes are great.
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete