Thursday, April 29, 2010

Crunchy Bread


This recipe is from my friend, Diana. She says "I read on a blog somewhere about French Bread. We all love it but it is hard to use because you have to basically buy the day you are using it." Her solution via. this blog, buy it when it's really cheap and freeze it! That's right, you heard me! I tried this out and I loved the results!

Ingredients:
loaf of french bread
butter or margarine
garlic salt

Cut the bread into slices (like a loaf of bread). Butter the bread on both sides, sprinkle with garlic salt if you want. Then put in on a cookie sheet in the freezer. Once it is frozen transfer to a ziploc bag. Then at dinner time anytime you want Bread with it, pull out number of slices you need and bake or broil until it is desired crunchy level. I did it at 350 for about ten minutes, turning over half way in between and then broiled it for a couple of minutes!


I was lazy and put the bread directly into ziploc bags and it worked fine. Also, I was a little light on the garlic salt, and it could have used more! I am sure you could add herbs of your choice as well.

This was a huge hit and super easy. Plus, if you want to go light on the butter or use something less fattening, you can fix it to your taste. No more wasted bread. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment